Late Summer Strawberry Meyer Lemon Jam
Chef Joel has kindly shared the recipe for the new jam featured on our cheese boards this summer. Its the perfect balance of sweet and tart and just so delicious. I hope you all enjoy!
1/3 cup water
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
4 1/2 cups strawberries
3 1/2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons + 1 1/2 teaspoons fruit pectin
- Cut zest off of lemons
- Remove pith and cut into fine strips, set aside.
- Section lemon fruit into bowl saving juice, set aside
- Finely dice the strawberries
- Bring 1/3 cup of water and the lemon zest to a simmer.
- Add baking soda and simmer until thickened – stir to prevent scorching (about 10 mins)
- Add cut strawberries, lemon fruit and juice.
- Stir thoroughly and often. When strawberries start to break down (about 20 minutes), add sugar and pectin.
- Boil the mixture until it reaches 235 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate.
- Enjoy on some toast with a glass of Mousseux!